The reflective season of Lent leads us into to the wrenching passion of our Savior and the glory of His Resurrection. Come as you are—everyone is invited to journey together to the cross this season through the following Lent, Holy Week and Easter offerings.
Daily Scripture Readings for Lent take us deeper into the passages we'll be exploring during Sunday worship. Read along here.
Wednesday, March 6 - Ash Wednesday
- Dinner in the Worship Center at 4:45 p.m. and worship in the Sanctuary at 6:30 p.m. will begin the Lenten season. Our Ash Wednesday worship includes having a cross of ash placed on our foreheads—a reminder that we are made from dust and are deeply in need of Christ.
Sunday, March 10 - The Cross
- The Cross sermon series begins and two special art exhibits open with a reception in the Narthex. These exhibits will run throughout the Lenten season.
Friday, April 5 - First Friday
Sunday, April 14 - Palm Sunday
- In our morning worship services, we'll celebrate Jesus' entrance to Jerusalem and take a special Give Back the Blessing Offering for one Local and one Global Mission Engagement Partner.
- At 4 p.m., the Sanctuary Choir will present the Palm Sunday Concert, "The Passion of Christ," featuring stirring music from Bach's St. Matthew Passion and art from our Lenten exhibits.
Monday, April 15 - Service of Guided Prayer and Reflection
- A lunchtime service (12-12:45 p.m.) in the Sanctuary provides an opportunity to begin Holy Week in prayer and meditation on Scripture.
Thursday, April 18 - Maundy Thursday
- A 7 p.m. service of communion in the Sanctuary remembers Jesus' Last Supper. Drew Archer will perform the Gospel of Mark from memory beginning at 6 p.m. and continuing during the worship service. We'll also begin a 24-hour prayer vigil to take us into Good Friday.
Friday, April 19 - Good Friday
- First Pres will host the 106th annual Downtown Colorado Springs Good Friday service, held in cooperation with other downtown churches from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Worshipers are invited to come and go as they please between the seven segments of the service in our Sanctuary.
Sunday, April 21 - Easter
- We'll go all-out to celebrate Resurrection Day with six worship services. Our Sunrise Service begins at 6:30 a.m. on the Weber Street Center back lawn. We'll worship in the Sanctuary at 8, 9:30 and 11 a.m., and in the Worship Center at 8:30 and 10 a.m.