Sunday, February 24, 2019, 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
I belong to Jesus!
In the Presbyterian tradition, Confirmation/Foundations of Faith class is the opportunity for students to declare that they are followers of Jesus—no longer simply enfolded in their parents’ faith, but standing on their own two feet and learning to walk with Christ daily. Students and ministry leaders will walk together through the basics of the Christian faith to give students an opportunity to say with reasoned conviction, “Yes, this is my faith.” Upon completion of the class, students may choose to be baptized, reaffirm their baptism (if baptized as an infant), and/or become a Covenant Partner (member) of First Pres.
The Confirmation/Foundations of Faith class is offered to all students, but is targeted to 8th and 9th grade students. Classes will take place in the Weber Street Center library on Sundays from 5:30–6:30 p.m. Please see the full schedule below and note classes will not be held on March 24, March 31 and April 21 (Easter). Confirmands will be recognized on May 19 at the 11 a.m. worship service.
- Attend all classes or arrange for a make-up meeting.
- Complete homework assignments that are designed to continue the conversation of confirmation/foundations of faith at home. It is our intent and hope that these assignments will be completed with parent(s) with adequate time allowed for discussion.
We are excited for another year of Confirmation/Foundations of faith classes and the discussion that they will bring! Please register for these classes ahead of time so we can prepare materials for you.
Questions? Contact Angela McKibben at 719-884-6126 or
Dates and topics:
- February 24 – One True God
- March 3 – Creation
- March 10 – Sin, Redemption, Jesus and Grace
- March 17 – New Creation
- April 7 – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- April 14 – Growth vs. Protection/Discipleship and Scripture
- April 27 – Retreat (Location TBD), 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- April 28 – The Creeds, Prayer, Gifts, Service and Witness
- May 5 – Sacraments (Meet with Elder during this class)
- May 19 – Recognition of Confirmands at 11 a.m. Service